Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lead Generation Tip: Don't Convince. Sort!

When it comes to email marketing, there is a big difference between the pros and the amateurs.

This one difference is so critical, so powerful, that simply making this one adjustment can either move you from the amateur bracket to the professional ranks or move you higher up the chain in the world of professional (successful) online marketers.

To put it simply:

Professionals sort. Amateurs try to convince.

I’m often asked questions like,

How can I convince someone to join my system or purchase my products?

The answer: You can’t. Don’t even try.

Don’t try to figure out how you can convince someone to join.

Don’t waste your time trying to get somebody else to “get it”.

Instead… set your mindset on this simple fact:

There are people out there, right now, that are looking for you and what you offer. It’s a big world out there and there are people in it… right this minute… that are actually seeking out what you have to offer.

They are using search engines, viewing classified ads, reading discussion forums, viewing articles, and more just to find something they want or need.

This is why I constantly focus my marketing and advertising on as many relevant areas as I can. And I direct all of my responses to my AutoResponder.

Why?

It’s simple. People that are putting in effort to seek out information make great prospects. They are looking for what I have to offer and my AutoResponder gives them a convenient way to request more information.

When they fill out my AutoResponder subscription form, they are ASKING for the information because they want to know more.

So my Autoresponder sends the information. It doesn’t matter if the person requested information at 2AM or 3PM. It doesn’t matter if I’m in the office or on the beach. My AutoResponder simply sends them the information they have asked for every time.

They can review the information and decide if they want to pursue it any further or just let it go. Sometimes they like what they see but can’t make a decision right away so they set it aside. So my Autoresponder follows up with them… sending more of the information they requested.

While my Autoresponder is sending information and following up with those people that have requested my information, more people are requesting the information on a regular basis because I am constantly promoting my capture page.

I don’t worry about the people that don’t want my information.

I don’t worry about the people that request it and then decide that it isn’t for them.

Either my offer isn’t right for them or they aren’t right for my offer.

They go on about their business and I go on about mine.

My AutoResponder doesn’t fee bad when someone says “No”. It just removes them when they request to be removed and then keeps sending my information to people that request it.

The key is to understand, use, and trust your AutoResponder.

I know that the life blood of my business is to continually get new prospects for my offer.

I do this by advertising anywhere and everywhere that I can. I use free ads. I use paid ads. I use keyword advertising on both Google and Yahoo. I use link ads. I use classified ads. And all of my ads are linked directly to my AutoResponder capture page.

That way, when someone responds to my ads, they can easily request more information from me by filling out the request form.

When they fill out the form, they are added to my AutoResponder.

From there, I let my Autoresponder do its job. When prospects finish the series of letters, I log in and recycle them… starting them over at Letter 1.

That’s it.

I don’t worry about people saying “no”.

I don’t worry about trying to convince anyone.

I just continually promote, advertise, and follow up.

I’m looking for those that are looking for me.

The key to building your sales is to begin seeing yourself as a “Sorter”. Sort through the masses to find those that are ready for what you are offering and you will succeed.

To your success!
Lloyd Dobson

2 comments:

Steve Vernon said...

As the old saying goes, you can't say to wrong thing to the right person, and you can't say the right thing to the wrong person.

It is our job as entrepreneurs to become the hunted, not the hunter.

Paul Klaszus said...

No amount of persuasion will make an oyster produce a pearl.

You will succeed only by finding pearls.. Not by coaxing pearl-less oysters to produce.